This coming weekend is Easter weekend. And whilst there’s no doubt many of you will be busy tucking into chocolate Easter eggs and sweet treats, if you’re in London for the long weekend, there’s lots more going on in the city to keep you entertained. Below are just some of the seasonal events taking place to celebrate the occasion.
- Head to Trafalgar Square this Friday – which is Good Friday, and watch a spectacular performance of The Passion of Jesus. The event is free and involves 100 performers and animals re-enacting Jesus’s final days – from his arrest to his resurrection.
- From Good Friday through to Easter Sunday, join an Easter weekend service at one of London’s many churches or cathedrals, including Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, St Martin-in-the-Fields and Southwark Cathedral.
- If you like chocolate then head down to Hampton Court Palace and you’ll be in for a real treat. Join the Lindt Gold Bunny Hunt and admire the home and gardens of Henry VIII as you hunt for the delicious chocolate treat. And if that wasn’t enough to satisfy your chocolate needs, you can even partake in some Royal chocolate tasting!
- If the Easter weekend weather holds up, it’s the perfect time to step outside and enjoy some fresh Spring air. And there’s no better place to do this than at the beautiful Kew Gardens. You can even follow the Peter Rabbit trail among spring daffodils and crocuses, stopping off for lots of fun activities along the way.
But the fun doesn’t end there. Once you’ve eaten enough chocolate eggs to make you feel sick, and have enjoyed some of the above Easter festivities, it’s time to make the most of the 4-day weekend and celebrate in style with you friends!
- Willy Wonka Easter Brunch Party – From chocolate fountains and a Willy Wonka inspired menu, to live DJs and Oompa Loompas, head to Bunga Bunga in Battersea on Good Friday for a brunch like no other.
- South Place Cinema – There’s no better time of year to watch the classic films, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or Chocolat than at Easter. Showing on Saturday 31st March and Easter Sunday respectively, take your pick and also tuck into a delicious two-course dinner following the screening.
- If you haven’t had enough of Easter treats, then why not sample a unique Easter cocktail? Many bars and restaurants are serving limited edition Easter-themed concoctions. Check out these 7 best cocktails for Easter 2018 – with many of them available right here in London!