If you got your exam results today, congratulations and well done on getting the grades you wanted and for confirming your place at university! If you didn’t get the grades you hoped for, then don’t worry there’s still plenty of options for you.
My grades were lower than expected, what happens next?
1. Even if you didn’t make the required grades, some universities make exceptions, so you might still be offered a place at either your chosen university or your insurance choice.
2. OK, so you didn’t make it onto your chosen course, but sometimes universities will offer you a place on an alternative course instead.
3. If you haven’t been offered a place or a change of course at your chosen university, then you can apply for a place on a course at many universities through Clearing.
If you’re unsure of how your grades affect your place at university, then be sure to login and check UCAS Track, as this will show any updates to the status of your application(s). Remember, you can always contact the university directly as well to speak with someone about your options and next steps.
What if I got the grades I needed?
1. You’re off to university! If you got the grades required for entry on your chosen course then your place will be confirmed. Check your status on UCAS Track.
2. If you haven’t sorted it already, you’ll want to decide where you’re going to live when you go to university. Student accommodation gets booked up very quickly, so don’t leave it too late. If you’re studying in London, why not stay at our friendly and secure student accommodation at The Hive in Bethnal Green?
No matter the grades you got, the university you’re studying at or the course you’ll be on, you should be proud of yourself for getting this far – the hard work has paid off! Take some time to sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of your summer before the fun and hard work of university kicks off next month.
Got the grades but still looking for a place to live? To find out how you can join our thriving student community at The Hive please contact us today on 020 3551 2550 to arrange a viewing.